Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sema's Gloss in Matt


Two specials I was floored by were the Camaro and the Z06X. Track ready cars make sense these days.
You can't drive fast on the street or you go to prison.

The stark contrasts look good, but somehow I feel the new flavour of matt black wheels and vinyl is a bit .... 5 years too late. Has it really taken this long for people to spend $5 on a sheet of vinyl in search of cool.


Now this mazda 2 is cool. Why? Because unlike many small car series race cars like the march cup in Japan, they have actually given this on decent wheels and lots of rubber.  Looks like grip would be at levels far beyond the engine. Thus creating a momentum loving car. Bury your foot flat to the floor for 97% of a lap, brake sparingly at the latest possible point and the bury your foot again. Looks like a fun touge muncher. On the right road you could be a hero in a car like this.



Lastly the hybrid with less care for the environment. I love the stupidity of small car hybrid tuning. We want a fast race car... but not too fast. So let's turbo charge the engine (extra weight and complexity) and (because that REALLY saves gasoline) then try to please the green by keeping the heavy hybrid parts and the complexity of hybrid systems for an additional 10hp. Just up the boost or build a 2.2 instead of a 2.0 WTF!

A samll priateer team trying to run a hybrid with the complexity of it all and the added cost is simply stupidity.

Now I know the Panoz Zytek systems are real, but I feel the end user honda tuning is a bit shall we say.. weak. One thing I will say is that the US guys know how to build a roll cage. I'd feel safe in there. Awesome!
Probably the coolest CR-Z yet. I'm not against green tech, just stupidity and practicality.



Of the above two concepts, the mazda two would get my cash.

Somehow I've seen a cool CRZ-Concept before... Hmmmm where I wonder...!

I won't mention vaughn's mustang, it's cool and we all know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment