Monday, November 1, 2010

GT-5 sucks it's own hype.


I, like most car enthusiasts of my era, spent a lot of time behind the Fake wheel of GT4. We have been looking forward to GT5 for sooo long.

I bought my initial release 20gb PS3 sooooooooooo long ago and have hardly touched it.

Since then, we have seen a new player released before new software!!!!!!!!

When does hardware out release software???? Is this a first? We have become so used to the delays that the game has become irrellevant in society.


Here you can see one of the few cars I enjoyed. I don't know how many times I loaded up my 720hp Time Attack Nitrous fed used Fd3s RX7 and set 45~47 second lap times at Tsukuba TC2000.

Since then my TV has grown from a 30" CRT to a Used 42" LCD Widescreen that is actually cheaper than the PS3 and a game.

Here is the rant part. I went to a department store in Japan and played GT5 in a seat with a wheel on the weekend.

I played the game and crashed multiple times in a slow car. (remember I played about 5000 hours or more in GT4 finishing every race)

I tried it and the countersteer with the steering wheel was VERY difficult. It kind of fed information too late.
I almost had to drive by expectation and estimation rather than feeling anything.
Also the engine sound dropped out when running over ripple strips

If these are the things we will be dealing with when the final version is actually released.

It maybe one of those games you play once and throw in the cupboard.

I think we can actually assume that the extra time required was for bug correction and not packaging production and cd printing.

BTW, my pet hate in GT5 prologue..... Limited throttle on the fake super skid grass is still in the game.

Where is the fun and realism? Looks like the weather simulation will be another feature you will turn off also.
From the videos I've seen, You can't see where you are going anyway.

Again no fun.

I have ultimate expectations for this game that I know will not be met.

That Mazda Furai 3 rotor Prototype better be good, because If I can't tune an RX7 to 700hp, I don't know what car I will drive.



No comments:

Post a Comment