Thursday, February 18, 2010

Honda CR-Z GT Concept

The Honda CR-Z is supposed to make people feel enthusiastic about "sporty" hybrids.

GO FU!

If they make the CR-Z GT then maybe I'll get emotive. I lowered this car about 6-8 inches before it looked good.

The design is ruled by government regulations that stop automakers being emotive. When the front of the car has to be this high, it throws sh1t in the face of anyone trying to build streamlines cars.

The FT-86 also has fallen in to this category and is now being changed to match regulations.

Pretty soon well all be driving in a box with a polymer virtual exterior anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

I just hope eveyone with a car can afford to change to an alternate energy source.

I'll wait for the suitcase sized 1000hp electric drive converter that propels my old Honda CRX to warp speed.

BEFORE you get excited and think the normal one is OK. I have increased wheel size 2" and dumper this 3 inches also. Massive size also means massive wheels and that equals weight and drain.

What ever happened to the lightweight challenge of the past and refinement.

Here is a version with small front overhang, lower nose and the whole car is back to crx-dimensions.
I cut a whole stack out of the centre of the body.

It looks different, compact and something tuners could have fun with.

Russ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment